Silky curl falls are hairpieces that are worn over a ponytail or bun to achieve the look of bouncy ringlet curls without the hassle of curling your hair. In this tutorial, we'll cover how to make silky curl falls from bags of premade synthetic silky curl hair extensions.
- 4 bags of silky curls
- 2 hair ties or strips of stretch lace
- Something to hang the curls on, like a hook, towel rack, or clothes hanger.
- If you prefer long curls that are the full length of the package, use 4 bags per fall (8 bags total) and skip the cutting step. Be forewarned, though, the long ones can be quite heavy!
- A bag of silky curls contains 4 curls, doubled over to make 8 strands. So if you're using homemade curls, you'll need to make 16 curls to follow this tutorial.
- Open up each bag of curls and make sure the rubber band holding them together is roughly at the middle of the strands.
- Cut the first bag in half on one side of the rubber band. Hang the cut pieces on your hook, and set aside the other half that's still held together by the rubber band.
- Repeat with the next three bags.
- Loop an elastic around your bundle of curls or tie the lace around it. You can also individually attach each curl to the rubber band or lace by folding each piece over and fastening with a small rubber band or ortho band, but we find that they hang better when they're all bunched up together.
- Now onto the next fall! Carefully remove the rubber band from the other half of the first bag, and hang the curls on the hook. Repeat with the next three bags, rubber band them all together and then you're done!
What happens when two companies with a ton of colors combine forces, aside from a whole lot of awesome hair in one place? Duplicate color names, that's what! Some of Diversity Hair's kanekalon jumbo braid colors are the same as shades we already carry under different names, and others have names that are the same as [...]
All Christmas and New Years Eve delivery deadlines have now passed! If you still need hair, please support your local beauty supply store instead. Happy holidays! :)Need hair for Christmas or New Years Eve?Make sure to plan for shipping times!The below deadlines are recommendations that will allow for delivery by Friday, December 23rd. If you [...]
There is a time and a place for costume store party wigs, and that is Halloween. Stand out from other party store shoppers with a few of these simple tricks!Wear a wig cap underneath. They're cheap and they keep your hair under control. You won't be stuck fighting flyaways, and getting your [...]
We've been in business for just over 15 years now, and faced that question for the first time about a month ago... and then three weeks ago... and two... and you get the idea. Everyone wants to be a lion this year!Making a lion's mane from kanekalon can be difficult to estimate because it's [...]
Phase One of our mighty color comparison project is finally complete!Every single color on the Kanekalon Jumbo Braid color chart has at least one color comparison picture in the item description now. We tried to cover the most common requests and combinations that went well together, but if there's a different mix you'd like to see, contact us and [...]
We've been sewin' and dyin' up a storm lately in anticipation of Halloween!Four new sets went up today and we'll be adding more each week throughout September and October.Today's sets include: 8" long matching pairs in Manic Panic Atomic Turquoise16" long matching pair of pink and purple stripes20" long six piece rainbow20" long single piece raspberry [...]
We Love Colors' annual Halloween contact begins on Friday, September 23rd, and this year I Kick Shins is proud to be a partner!So make sure you send them your costume photos for a chance to win big. There are over $2,000 in prizes this year!We will be contributing the following: 1st Place Adult: $100.00 [...]
Like the old saying goes, when life gives you hair dye, make streaks. Wait... what?Nevermind.Anyway!We just got in two new Adore semi-permanent hair dye colors and took them for a spin!Clover is a dark, blueish green that's similar to Manic Panic Enchanted Forest and SFX Sonic Green. It's a little darker than Adore Emerald. It dilutes nicely to make a [...]
RastAfri has majorly expanded their Classic Braid line, and we've got the pastel and rainbow stock to prove it! :)Four solid pastel colors are now available: Pastel PinkSnow WhiteLavenderSky BlueThese colors were already in stock for other brands, but weren't previously available for RastAfri Classic Braid.And there are also six brand *NEW* blended ombré shades!These are [...]